Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 9 January 2026

    Friday 9 Jan 26. (11.15 - 12.25) All 11 Seen. All Appear OK.

     I found the ponies all together in F6 just 50 yards SE of the ammo dump compound.   They all seemed fine.










    The cattle took a bit longer to find, but I eventually came across them in F3, after I'd tried all the main track and was now circumnavigating the range.  They were in a new clearing close to the northern perimeter fence.  It was only about 150 yards east of the the cattle grid to the north of the ammo dump compound.  There was a sty over the fence nearby, which collapsed one side as I was going over it, ( beware if crossing these in future), but no injury.  This enabled me to get closer.   Jet, Jura & Jeans were playing in/over the site of a recent fire, that was still warm pushing each other off it.   J'Adore was just a few yards away to the south, happily over his own fire that I could feel the heat of as I stroked/scratched his neck.   The other three were having too much fun as.  Even a year ago, (when I was over 25 stone) I was too lightweight to join in the fun.








     I took a short video of the three boys playing.  However, I cannot get it to upload here.  If anyone would like a copy, please email me fowler614@btinternet.com  



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...