Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday, 26 January 2026

    Mon 26 Jan 26 (08.30 - 0945) All11 Seen. All Appear Well

    Apologies for not attending yesterday.  I came out this morning to make up for it.

    I found the ponies quickly within a hundred yards of the NE corner of the ammo dump compound.  However. It took a bit of time to establish that I'd seen all seven.

     












    As I rode off to find the cattle, one on the ponies had climbed up onto the compound's blast wall.


    I found Jeans, Jura and Jet in and around a large patch of gorse just to the south of the track in H3.  I circumnavigated it and went through their tracks several times before eventually I was able to see J'Adore, who just suddenly appeared.  They were all content eating the young tops of the heather and the flowers.  I watched a couple of them each knock down branches of gorse to give them access to the best bits.  







    As I left them in the gorse, they all started to call and the Jet, J'Adore, followed by the other two appeared onto the track and headed toward the cattle grid in G3.  They all stopped short of the grid and continued to call.  


    I left the cattle/pony range and entered the large sandy clearing just 150 yards north of the cattle grid.  As I entered the clearing I saw one of the the rangers loading portaloos onto a trailer attached to a pickup similar to Zoe's.  This must have been what the cattle heard and were calling for snacks!  The warden confirmed this, explaining that all four had surrounded and kept "mooing" at him when he'd been collecting a loo earlier in the range. 

    1 comment:

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...